Promotion of recycling, managing chemical substances,
and approaches toward energy saving.
Environmental Management Organization
To conduct business activities in line with our environmental policy, we have an organization in which managers of sites and divisions oversee and execute environmental programs under the supervision of department managers. Sites with a particularly large environmental impact have their own environmental committees that submit monthly reports to the department managers. At sites with no environmental committee, division managers are responsible for managing environmental systems and reaching targets. Reports on these activities are sent periodically to the department managers, who then issue the directives required. Through these and other measures we promote environmental conservation at all our work sites.
Responsibilities of Department Managers
- Set environmental objectives and quality targets.
- Review activities conducted by each department.
Responsibilities of General Manager for Envionmental Management
- Operate and maintain the envionmental management system.
- Report activities to the president.
- Chairman: Envionmental management officer at each site
- Members: Section heads and envionmental officers
- Frequency of meetings: Once a month (convened at the chairman's discretion)
- Discuss methods for operating and maintaining the envionmental management system at each site as well as the status of its operation.
- Promote information exchange within each site and with other sites.