Semiconductor Packaging and MEMS Manufacturing Field
TOK's unique packaging / MEMS manufacturing technologies
widely support the manufacturing of more compact electronics.
Offering TOK’s unique packaging / MEMS manufacturing technologies, in terms of both materials and equipment, that widely support the manufacturing of lighter, thinner and more compact mobile devices and electronic components with high functionality
Materials for Semiconductor Packaging process
Photoresists for Cu, Ni, Sn-Ag, and Pd Electrolytic Plating of Au Bumps, Cu Pillars, Microbumps and Other Structures
We provide a full lineup of various high-sensitivity, high-resolution, positive thick-film photoresists for electrolytic plating that are resistant to gold (Au), silver (Ag), tin (Sn), copper (Cu), nickel (Ni) and palladium (Pd) metal plating solutions. These photoresists are used to form microbumps, gold stud bumps, and copper posts on 3D through-silicon-via (TSV), wafer-level chip-scale package (WL-CSP), Cu pillar/flip chip packages, LCD drivers and other applications. Our photoresists possess a high process margin in plating processes, enabling the formation of high-resolution, well-shaped via hole patterns with superior adhesion to Cu-substrates. Moreover, in photoresist film stripping after the plating process, our photoresists are easier to strip than negative photoresists. TOK’s positive type photoresist enables total cost reductions in the bump electrode formation process. Photoresist thicknesses of 10 to 100 μm are supported. We also offer a type of ultra-thick-film photoresist that can be applied to the formation of tall Cu pillar electrodes for the Through Mold Via (TMV) & Package on Package (PoP) component.
- PMER P-CS series, PMER P-LA series, PMER P-HA series, PMER P-CE series
Photoresists for RDL Plating
We provide a full range of photoresists for plating to address redistribution layer (RDL) formation. These photoresists support the latest semiconductor packaging technologies, namely wafer level chip-scale package (WL-CSP), wafer/panel level-fan out package, along with providing the high resolution needed to form ultra-fine RDLs for interposers, and supporting thicknesses ranging from 5-20 μm thin films that have a wide depth of focus (DOF) margin, to thick films.
We provide both naphthoquinone and chemically-amplified types of photoresist, which feature superior tolerance for the integration environment. In addition, we offer high-resolution types of photoresist that can be used in conjunction with an Na2CO3 inorganic alkali developing solution.
- PMER P-WE series, PMER P-CY series, TMMR P-W1000T PM
Photoresists for TAB/COF, FPC Etching Processes (Roll-to-Roll)
These photoresists have the coating performance and flexibility needed to support roll-to-roll processes for flexible substrates employing polyimide film in tape-automated bonding (TAB), chip on film (COF), and flexible printed circuit boards (FPC). We also provide high-resolution, high- adhesion positive photoresists that cater to the semi-additive method associated with fine wiring patterns, in addition to supporting Cu etching (subtractive method).
- PMER P-RC series, PMER P-RL series
Photoresists for Deep Si Etching
- ZR8800 : A thick-film positive i-line photoresist with high heat resistance that is capable of stable etching inside the wafer surface through deep Si etching for 2.5D and 3D packaging using TSV. This photoresist is able to form highly vertical stacked patterns even under thick-film conditions. With high heat resistance, the ZR8800 photoresist is also able to withstand harsh dry etching conditions while maintain its photoresist patterning with very little change in the profile form factor during the etching process.
- TZNR series : A photoresist series for deep Si etching employing the non-Bosch etching process deep-reactive-ion-etching (DRIE) with superior crack resistance in the forced cooling process of the substrate.
Photoresist for Lift-off Processes
- TLOR series: We provide both positive and negative photoresists that are able to form lift-off structures using single layers and single exposures. These photoresists support sputter metal deposition processes. Notably, the positive photoresists in this series can be easily stripped after processing using ordinary organic solvents.
Anti-corrosive Photoresist Stripping Solutions
- ST-120/ST-121 : These stripping solutions are designed to remove dry film photoresists as well as both negative and positive thick-film photoresists that have been used in the plating process. Thanks to their superior anti-corrosive properties, these stripping solutions enable photoresist layers to be stripped and removed without any damage to Cu, Al, and other metals. In addition, if applied before curing, the stripping solutions are able to remove polyimide. The solutions can be used for wafer rework in the polyimide process without damaging the Al layer.
Photoresists for Manufacturing MEMS and Image Sensors
Photosensitive Permanent Film Photoresists
Film Photoresist TMMF-S2000/Liquid Photoresist TMMR-S2000
These photoresists provide a low-temperature curing, negative photosensitive permanent film with high resolution and high adhesion, enabling the formation of high aspect ratio patterns. They can be applied to the formation of cavity structures through the tenting process using film photoresists, in addition to forming insulation layers for semiconductor integration and channels for Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) devices. Compared with conventional the sacrificial layer process, these photoresists enable significant process simplification. We also offer a full range of products that can be used as photosensitive adhesives for Si-to-Si, Si-to-glass and glass-to-glass bonding.
Photosensitive Transparent Permanent Film Photoresists (Microlenses / Transparent Insulation Films)
- TMR series : This series ensures a high transmittance of more than 95% in the visible light spectrum above 400 nm. The TMR series provides special purpose photoresists for highly reliable coat forming that can be applied to CMOS image sensor (CIS) microlenses, transparent insulation layers and other uses. These photoresists enable convex lens shapes to be formed using the heat flow in the bake process after patterning in the photolithography process.
Cover Coats Soluble in Water, Organic Solvents and Special Solvents
We offer a full range of coating materials designed to protect surfaces from contaminant and particle adhesion, as well as contact and friction, in addition to shielding surfaces from chemical damage.