TOK is committed to working hand-in-hand with our
stakeholders for the realization of a sustainable society.
TOK Group contributes to achieving a sustainable society by practicing its management philosophies since its founding: “Create a frank and open-minded business culture”, “Continue efforts to enhance our technology”, “Raise the quality levels of our products” and “Contribute to society” through its beneficial business activities.
- Increases the sustainable corporate value as a whole group by improving employee engagement.
- Continues to provide high-value-added products that contribute to technological innovations in order to resolve social issues.
- Strives to grow together with society and remain as an attractive company that earns the trust of all stakeholders.
Management Principles and CSR
Structure of CSR policies
Human Rights Policy
TOK Group respects the basic human rights and diversity, and acts as a good member of the global community in accordance with national and local laws and social norms※ related to human rights.
Social norms: Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, ISO26000, RBA Code of Conduct, etc.
- Does not discriminate against anyone in recruiting, hiring, assignment, training, reward, promotion, etc., on the basis of birth, nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Prohibits child labor, forced labor, debt bondage, and human trafficking regardless of the form of employment.
- Prohibits any and all acts that may be considered harassment.
- Endevours to foster and implement fair and impartial treatment of our human resources.
- Maintains a physically and mentally comfortable working environment by ensuring the fairness in employment and the safety at work.
- Respects and guarantee the basic rights of workers stipulated in international labor standards and the constitutions and labor laws of each country and region.
- Properly protects and manages personal information.
Ethics and Anticorruption Policy
TOK Group promotes fairness and justice in business activities in accordance with the laws and social norms of each country and region.
- Prohibits certain acts as unfair competitions and maintain free and fair competition.
- Prohibits abuse of a superior bargaining position and engage in fair and equal transactions.
- Does not engage in any activities that are threats to international peace and security.
- Prohibits providing or accepting gifts or entertainment beyond the scope of social norms and reasonable customary practices.
- Prohibits any act of conflict of interest.
- Strictly keeps confidential information that is obtained or acquired during the course of business.
- Prohibits unauthorized use of corporate assets.
- Appropriately protects and utilizes intellectual properties and respects third parties’ intellectual property rights.
- Discloses corporate information in a fair and timely manner.
- Accurately advertises and provides product and service information.
- Prohibits insider trading.
- Makes donations and political contributions in accordance with the laws and regulations of each country and region.
- Cuts off any relationship with anti-social groups or individuals.
- Prohibits political and other solicitations in the workplace without the Company’s permission.
TOK Group strives to do businesses by achieving a sustainable society through investing appropriate management resources and ensuring health, safety and an appropriate environment through the Responsible Care Initiatives※.
Responsible Care Initiatives: to ensure the environment, health, and safety related to all processes of chemical substances from development, manufacturing, distribution, use, final consumption, and final disposition.
- Complies with all environmental laws and regulations in each country and region in which we operate.
- Strengthens the safe-and-environmentally-friendly handling and management of chemical substances.
- Promotes efficient use, reduce, reuse, and recycling of resources.
- Improves energy-saving and global warming prevention activities.
- Promotes environmental pollution prevention activities.
- Promotes a healthy biodiversity.
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
TOK Group, as prioritizing workers’※ health and safety, fosters safety cultures by preventing accidents, disasters, and illnesses in the workplace.
workers: any and all labor providers to TOK.
- Complies with all laws related to occupational health and safety in each country and region.
- Reduces risks by completing job hazards analysis. .
- Provides comprehensive education and training for employees.
- Strives to strengthen our safety and disaster prevention systems for the purpose of minimizing and mitigating damage for accidents, disasters, or any other unforeseen event.
- Makes effective and continuous improvements by investing appropriate resources.
CSR Procurement Policy
TOK Group promotes sustainable procurement based on the spirit of coexistence and co-prosperity with our business partners, as well as laws, regulations and social norms.
- Promotes the highest possible standards of integrity with respect to quality, price, and delivery time.
- Maintains equitable and appropriate purchasing activities with our suppliers.
- Considers social issues such as human rights and occupational health and safety.
- Promotes green procurement by taking environmental factors into consideration.
- Promotes business continuity management to mitigate supply chain risk.
- Strictly controls confidential information that is in the possession or acquired in the normal course of business.
- Promotes responsible mineral procurement throughout the supply chain.